Don’t Let FOMO Control Your Taxes
With the October 15 tax deadline upon us, Potentia Wealth CEO Kevin Swanson and Potentia Tax’s Rachita Wadhwa, CPA sat down to discuss some practical advice on the benefits of combining wealth planning with tax planning, essentially making the tax discussion a year-round focus.
In this video, Swanson and Wadhwa explain the importance of a long-term plan, and not allowing the fear of missing out (FOMO) and reactionary choices derail you from pursuing your financial goals. They specifically discuss:
- What causes FOMO in the investment markets
- How this impacts the sale of a business
- FOMO in the current real estate market
- How fear can impact taxes for individuals and families
- How a financial advisor and tax planner can help you avoid emotionally driven decisions based on fear
Throughout their conversation, Swanson and Wadhwa emphasize the importance evaluating each major financial decision with information and time. Hasty, uninformed decisions can lead to significant tax implications, and very often cannot be reversed.
To watch our other videos in this series, click here to learn why tax planning should be a year-round conversation and click here to learn why you shouldn’t allow tax changes drive your future. As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any tax or wealth questions.