Healthy, Wealthy & Wise: Our Top Takeaways
Maintaining your health and your nest egg in retirement are two of the biggest concerns currently facing Americans, even if you are still decades away from retirement. To chart a path to longevity in both areas requires a good strategy. To help you as you take your next steps toward sustained health and wealth, Potentia Wealth recently hosted a webinar titled, “Healthy, Wealthy & Wise.”
During this webinar, Potentia Wealth CEO, Private Wealth Advisor and LPL Registered Principal Kevin Swanson was joined by Transamerica Health Director Dr. Bill Lloyd to provide a post-pandemic guide for your health and financial well-being. Additionally, Dr. Lloyd brought to light eye-opening statistics that we believe help demonstrate the importance of striving toward a healthy, wealthy and wise lifestyle.
Some of the most interesting statistics shared by Dr. Lloyd include:
- Only 7% out of a group of 1,000 adults from 150 countries believe they have a good grasp on all five elements of well-being: career, social, community, wealth and health
- Life expectancy has increased 87% for Americans since 1900, from 47 years to 85 years as of 2019
- By 2030, there will be a projected 70 million seniors in the U.S., with 9 million over the age of 84
- By 2030, it is projected there will be less than 2.7 workers for every retiree, compared to 7.1 in 1950
- By 2026, healthcare will comprise a projected 20% of the U.S.’ GDP, versus 5% in 1960
- By 2050, Americans over the age of 65 are projected to make up 20% of the population, compared to less than 5% in 1900
- 70% of adults age 65 and older will require some form of long-term care
- Diabetics spend approximately $13,000 every year out of pocket with those diagnosed at age 30 losing an excess $500,000 that could have gone towards wealth-building
Following Dr. Lloyd’s presentation on the importance of taking care of both your financial and personal health, Kevin was joined by Potentia Partner/Business Development Sandy Swanson to discuss how Potentia’s holistic approach can help you and your family pursue both. Throughout their conversation, they explained our firm’s holistic services and how they can help you figure out the best life you can have today to enjoy tomorrow.
Kevin and Sandy specifically touch upon:
- The reasons behind Potentia’s holistic approach
- The first steps toward seeking a healthy, wealthy and wise lifestyle
- The four “buckets” families should strive to fill for financial longevity
- How financial wellbeing can help families prepare for life’s curveballs
- How Potentia creates Family Financial Life Plans for every stage of life
- What makes our approach sound and effective for each member of our client families
Here at Potentia, we do so much more than just manage wealth – we also help ensure that you can enjoy the experiences and quality of life that wealth provides. Through our life plans, we can provide you with the helping hand you need to stay on track, even as life’s curveballs are thrown your way.